- Database migration fix
- Addressed issue resulting in data in moved sessions not being able to load in DICOM viewer
- Fixed issue where DICOM viewer could not be launched from the project level in some cases
- Addressed CLI ingest issue that resulted in a "No space left on device" error when handling large files
- Fixed CLI issue where ingest failed to find all DICOM files when files are named with UIDs
- Addressed issue resulting in DICOM viewer becoming unresponsive when loading mosaic images
- Improved DICOM viewer performance for larger projects
- De-Id log service now has correct permission for persistent data
- Acquisition labels now accept length of 128 characters (64 previously)
- Addressed de-identification bug resulting in sequence elements with an index greater than 9 failing to be de-identified as expected.
- Fixed issue with DICOM / NIfTI viewer where the default frame height prevented some NIfTI images from loading
- Addressed issue with gear rules where optional inputs were being populated instead of being left blank
- Addressed issue resulting in some "QA" and "Object" file types failing to load in viewer
15.6.0: File Versioning, DICOM Viewer Updates, UI Enhancements, and Performance Improvements
For many of you, much has changed since your last upgrade. Version 15.6.0 represents the biggest release of 2021 and includes a host of new functionality and performance improvements. This latest update includes:
- File Versioning
- New DICOM Viewer Features and Improvements
- User Interface Enhancements
- CLI Updates
We're also continuing to update and improve our catalog of Flywheel-maintained gears. See the new Gear Updates page for the latest.
Flywheel now offers even greater support for reproducibility and regulatory compliance by introducing numbered versioning for all file data. Now, file versions will be automatically recorded in all provenance, analyses, and jobs logs. This feature also gives you better control of your data by allowing you to view, restore and delete previous versions of files.
DICOM Viewer Features and Improvements
Updating and improving our integrated viewer is a key focus for Flywheel in 2021. Version 15.6.0 brings some exciting new functionality as well as some key improvements to performance and consistency.
Overlay NIfTI Images
The ability to superimpose different images in the viewer is an important requirement to many of your workflows. We're happy to announce that we've extended the viewer's capabilities to support the application and management of multiple overlays directly in the viewer. Within the viewer, you can now navigate the Flywheel hierarchy to select segmentation overlays and masks.
For example, after loading a NIfTI image in the viewer, you can easily navigate to its associated FreeSurfer analysis object and load the output overlays.
Version 15.6.0 also includes significant improvements to viewer performance, consistency, and image-type support. Specifically:
- Updates to caching and indexing logic for improved loading speed
- More robust handling of datasets missing expected tag values
- Support for encapsulated PDF files
- Support for displaying Siemens mosaic images
User Interface Enhancements
We're continuing to update the UI to improve usability and overall user experience. Version 15.6.0 includes additional sorting and filtering options as well as improvements in how you can view and interact with your data in the UI.
Sorting and Filtering
As many of you have told us, it can be challenging to locate the acquisitions you need when working with data-heavy sessions. Version 15.6.0 adds additional sorting options for acquisitions in addition to the existing sorting and filtering options for acquisition files.
We've also added sorting and filtering to all attachment interfaces to make it easy to locate the files you need.
Viewing Timezone Data
As several users have reported, attempting to locate scans based on timestamps in the UI is challenging when those timestamps are converted to local time by the browser. To alleviate this confusion, we've added a toggle that allows you to view DICOM timestamps with their corresponding timezones at the time and place of capture.
Data Views Enhancements
Since its release last year, many of you have adopted Data Views as an important component of your workflows. With that, we're committed to continuing to improve and extend its functionality to meet your needs. Version 15.6.0 includes:
- The ability to adjust column widths in the UI
- Cell value displayed on mouse hover
- Backend updates to improve performance on creating, launching and exporting larger Data Views
Test De-id Locally
Because proper de-identification is absolutely critical to your workflows, we've made it easier to create and test your de-id profiles before your data reaches Flywheel. We've introduced a top-level command that allows you to generate a sample template that you can use as a starting point and a simplified method for testing your template. Simply point to a sample dataset, the profile you'd like to test, and the folder where you'd like the output report to be saved.
|fw deid ~/DICOMS ~/Profile/deid_profile.yaml ~/TestOutput|
- fw ls now allows site-admins the ability to see all groups and projects
- Performance enhancements for larger Data Views in UI
- Images now load more consistently in DICOM viewer
- Default window width and window level is now correct when opening images in the DICOM viewer
- DICOM viewer no longer filters study list on StudyDate. Previously, DICOMs without this field or with hashed values were being filtered out
- DICOM viewer more resiliently handles datasets when a study is missing StudyInstanceUID
- Modality menu now collapses in faceted search
- Addressed issue resulting in Freesurfer licenses disappearing from project custom information in some cases