ORCID is part of the broader digital infrastructure needed for researchers to share information on a global scale. Flywheel uses the Primary Email Address associated with ORCID. This article describes how to configure your ORCID account for use in Flywheel.
Step 1: Share your ORCID account to allow Flywheel authentication
- In your browser, sign in to your ORCID account.
- Click on your profile in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Select View my ORCID record from the drop-down list.
- On the bottom left-hand corner of the screen locate the Emails list, and click on the blue pencil to edit that list.
- In the right-hand side of the popup box, select the green share with everyone icon next to the email you will use in the Flywheel user account
Step 2: Use your ORCID account to log in to Flywheel
- Return to Flywheel and log in with the your shared email address. At this point the new Flywheel on-boarding process is complete
- At this point, you can restore the sharing profile of your email in ORCID to the original setting and continue to use this username on Flywheel. (Optional)