ORCID is part of the broader digital infrastructure needed for researchers to share information on a global scale. Flywheel uses the Primary Email Address associated with ORCID. This document describes how to configure an ORCID account for use in Flywheel.
Share ORCID Account to Allow Flywheel Authentication
1. In the browser, sign in to your ORCID account.
4. In the right-hand side of the popup box, for the primary email address select the green share with Everyone icon.
Note: The email needs to be the same one used to create the account in Flywheel.
5. Then Save the changes made.
6. Log out of ORCID as shown in the image below.
7. Navigate in the browser to https://cilogon.org/logout/ to clear any cached login attempts.
Using an ORCID Account to Log in to Flywheel
- Return to Flywheel and select CILogon.
- Select ORCID from the drop-down list if it is not preselected, then click the Log On red button.
- If the user is not currently logged into ORCID, it will prompt the user for their credentials as shown in the image below.
- If it is the first time logging into ORCID through CILogon, one will be prompted to authorize the access. CILogon delegates to ORCID the user's authentication and has the user authorize access to their information for CILogon.
- After selecting Authorize Access, it will then bring the user back to the Flywheel site.